Friday, September 08, 2006

Secret Pals REVEALED

So my first Secret Pal adventure draws to a close. My spoilee, Michelle, received her package. There were gifties for all 2-legged and 4-legged family members. I'm not sure if the knitted gift I made is, well, an asset or just an oddity. I admit that, when I started them, I had the best of intentions. But sometimes reality doesn't follow intentions. I think what I succeeded in making were "alien mittens." What I was TRYING to accomplish was a pair of glittens -- when mittens and gloves collide. Okay, here's a picture. Stop laughing.
They are stuffed with plastic bags so that they'd dry blocked to shape. Please.....STOP LAUGHING ALREADY! The top one is the right-hand glitten, and your looking down on them as if your palms are down on the table. I didn't design these (thank God); I got the pattern from Knitting in the Round, edited by Jeanne Stauffer. I knitted these using one long circular needle instead of double-pointeds. I must say, Michelle handled their presentation with tact and grace here.


And I received a final package from my secret pal, Erin! It was full of wonderful things! Opal sock yarn (yayyyy!), a really nifty tape measure with tea party graphics, sock-shaped point protectors, chamomille and thyme scented stitchers hand cream (very appreciated!), cinnamon candy and candles, cute notepads, and for my "catkinderlach" (yes, I just made that up) there's a container of yummy Whisker Lickins treats. Why, I do think Mickey definitely approves.




Thank you, Erin, for being my secret pal and sending such wonderful gifts!
Comments:
oh honey i'm so glad you (and the kitties) like your stuff! and i'm glad i can stop stressing out about trying to remember to leave comments as yarnball and not erin!!! much love.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?