Thursday, July 06, 2006

What Was I Thinking?

Lace? What was I thinking? I'm just not that kind of a girl! T-shirts, sweats, jeans, nice tight-knit socks -- that's the kind of girl I am. I got half-way through the swatch for the Mystery Stole KAL 2 and realized that this is just too fiddly for me. The yarn is toooooo thin, and the needles are, relatively speaking, just toooooo big. Okay, so I was using a size 3 circular needle with the Alpaca Cloud lace-weight..... but I'm used to fingering weight yarn on a size 0. And the idea of blocking not just this fiddly little swatch, but a WHOLE stole -- if I got that far. Bye bye lace. Now maybe I'll try it some day using fingering weight yarn. But for now there's just too many other things I'm interested in learning: cables, intarsia, fair isle, spindle spinning, dyeing.... I've got a lot of knitting to do!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?