Thursday, May 18, 2006

Spy Girl

Well, I've been spending so much time "spying" on my secret pal, that I've ignored my own blog. No, it's not like that; I'm just trying to get to know her a bit so that I know how to "spoil" her. This is fun!

Let's see, what's new here? On the knitting front, I got really frustrated with the pair of Trekking XXL socks I'm knitting because I tried a new type of heel. I THOUGHT it was going wonderfully well until I noticed the dropped stitch a few rows down. Try as I might, I could NOT recapture the stitches in the heel below that darned dropped stitch. Not only did I lose the whole heel, I had a heck of a time "remembering" how to recapture a whole circular round. So, painful as it was, I ended up losing a good inch or two of the foot in my bumbling attempts to lasso the stitches.

So what did I learn from this? Two things:

#1) When the going gets rough, start a new sock! Yes... I did -- just to feel a sense of accomplishment. It's out of Magic Stripes and it was like going back a grade or two in school. Easy, peasy....

#2) ALWAYS PUT IN A LIFELINE when trying something new.

I did get my confidence back and I'm back on track with the "sock of contention(SoC)." But I'm also still working on the Magic Stripes socks. When I need to feel like I'm accomplishing something tangible, there's nothing like "fatter yarn" to make you feel like your getting somewhere fast -- or at least faster.

Update on the beaded socklets: after finding my frogging mojo with the SoC, I grabbed up those babies and frogged with confidence back to the beginning of the cuff. I just need to decide what to knit for the cuff now. Hmmmm.....

Sorry no pics today. I'll have some with the next post.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?