Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Socklet Dilemma


So I knitted these as a birthday present for my niece, Sadie. They LOOK great -- knitted with Regia Ringel using Queen Kahuna's method in Crazy Toes and Heels.










Here's an up close look at the cuff with 8/0 beads that I'd pre-strung. I did the cuff in a reverse stockinette stitch.


BIG MISTAKE!!!!







She couldn't get the socklets over her heel. No way, no how!!



So back they came with me and now I need to take out the cuff and replace it with something more elastic; way more elastic. But I need to keep the beads; she LOVES the beads. And I know that by the time I get them fixed she'll probably have outgrown them. Eleven-year-olds just don't stop growing. Sigh....

If anybody has any ideas for me, please leave a comment... Thanks!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?