Saturday, September 06, 2008

Ongoing and Finished Objects

It's raining cats and dogs, ducks and geese, fish and ..... well you get the idea. So I thought I'd catch up on my photo editings and posting. 





First the ongoing project -- spindling. This is my Golding spindle, made with a vintage enamel bracelet. I just love it! I'm spinning merino -- my first experience with this slippery short staple fine fiber. It's going quite well. 












I've already wound off two spindles full. I like to use those ubiquitous toilet paper tubes, remember?










I hope to be able to spin enough for a pair of comfy bed socks. 76 yards so far. I'll keep you posted!


~~~ And now for the FO's ~~~




Finger(tip)less Mitts

 As I knit, I often get cold hands. What would be warmer than fingerless mitts but would leave my fingertips free for tactile knitting?




Yes, they are warm. But just a bit too bulky, I think.    I used worsted weight yarn (Cascade 220). I'm going to try it again with sock yarn. 





MY MONSTERSOCKEN!

Monstersocken are socks made out of scraps of stash yarn left over from other pairs of socks. Here's my pair:

    I used 4 different sock
 yarn scraps and changed when the mood struck. Because I knit both socks at the same time on one long circular, I can keep up with the changes in yarn so that both socks look "somewhat" the same. 


Here's my secret -- the paw print on the sole:      

The only problem with making these socks are THE INCREDIBLE NUMBER OF ENDS that need weaving in. 





Look at this! 46 ends
 to weave and snip!
















***And now a message for my Secret Pal: I'm sorry you've had unexpected stuff happening. I look forward to getting your last package and would appreciate any correspondence in the meantime. Thanx!



j



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?